dinsdag 8 september 2015

Freedom 2.0




Do you ever feel like sticking your head out of a car window letting the wind blow your hair? I get why dogs love to do that. It is actually quite relaxing. Let me explain myself before you think I lost my mind. Today, after a long day at work, I got stuck in traffic and on top of that my car started to get overheated. I usually just put on some music and sing loudly along with whatever song is blasting through my car stereo. Letting go of all the negative energies of the day and letting the good vibrations in. Yes, I just made a Beach boys reference. Unfortunately, singing to my heart's content was not enough. As the smoke was coming from under my car hood and I was being surrounded by grumpy fellow drivers, I felt that singing and doing my best car dance moves was not going to cut it. I needed something more. I needed to feel completely free, free from today's boredom, free from literally being stuck in one spot. I stuck my hand out of the car as I usually do and felt a cool wind blowing gently. As a few lonely raindrops started to fall an idea started to form. If dogs can do it, then why oh why can't I. So ladies and gentlefolks, I stuck my head out the car window. Believe it or not, it felt absolutely wonderful! In a world where we are often submitted to situations that are out of our control, like traffic jams, bad weather, broken down cars or simple boring work meetings we need to find a way to feel happiness in the smallest of things. Therefor if sticking your head out of the car window and feeling the wind blowing makes you feel joy, I say go for it.

With love, Ana

1 opmerking: