woensdag 4 februari 2015

A little piece of happiness



Last week I bought an awesome pencil sharpener and it reminded me of all the cool stuff I used to have in my pencil case back when I was in school. What I loved most about school was goofing around with my friends. Laughing about the little things that had happened just a few moments prior. Coming up with silly nicknames for each other. Gossiping about absolutely everything. When the bell rang and we had to go to class the fun never stopped. Trying but failing not to joke and talk during class. With the teachers’ stern gaze upon us what else could we do than to write each other notes. I loved writing notes to my friends during class. Telling them that the teacher was wearing the same clothes again! Writing down in code about the cute guy sitting just a few tables away from us. Describing in detail how I envisioned my future. All my notes have some kind of doodles or drawings on it. Those drawings were the cherries on top of my happy pies. My friends and I had so much fun passing around those little crumpled up pieces of paper. Happy memories.

There is no longer a need for secret notes. But the joyful feeling you get from such a tiny thing reminds me that happiness can come from the smallest of things. A bird flying above your head, a small flower growing in you garden, the purr of a kitten, a grateful smile or a small doodle on a piece of paper. Getting a text or an email does not have the same feeling as receiving a little hand written note. That is why this week I will be writing all my fabulous friends little notes and for old times sakes I will add some of my funny doodles. Just because it makes me happy and I hope it will make them happy too.

Here is my digital note to you, my dear readers.
Dear happiness frontiers,
I hope you are all having a great and wonderful year so far. I believe you are amazingly strong and can do anything you set your mind to. This quote from the 90s TV show Buffy the vampire slayer always makes me laugh. I dare you to quickly repeat this wonderful Willow line: "A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle too."

With love, Ana




 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten