vrijdag 26 juni 2015

The morning ritual


I used to wake up in the morning in a state more dead than alive. Opening one eye, looking all grumpy and stuff, hating the world, hoping for the morning to be over already. Not to mention all the morning drama that comes with it such as delayed trains, stumbling over own feet and losing keys.  I am sure I am not the only one around with these daily errors and people reading this, nod while thinking, I feel ya. 

This all changed when I made a conscious decision to change my ways and therefore to change my days. A good start in the morning is half the battle to a happy day and in the long run, a happy life. All the good you send out comes back to you in tenfold. This doesn't mean that slow grumpy starters aren't happy people, I am merely saying there are easier ways to get your day started. Positive thinking is a habit that runs on autopilot by repetition. The first couple of times when you wake up in the morning and say to yourself: “this is the happiest day of my life!!" Your subconscious mind objects: “No it's not you liar, this morning stinks!" As Josh Shipp points out perseverance is stubbornness with a purpose. Don't give up!

I support my daily happiness habits with a morning ritual starting the night before. Right before I fall a sleep I mumble to myself: “tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life." That thought alone is enough to fall a sleep with a smile on my face. Since I am not a morning person in general, I replace my hit by a truck feel with feelings of gratitude. Realizing I have had a good night sleep and good health is enough to start my morning in bliss. I will never be an out of bed jumper, and that's ok, changing your habits doesn't mean you have to become someone you are not. So, I slowly open my eyes, cuddle my cat, and make my way to the bathroom where I serenade the day by playing my happy music playlist. The cheesiness of the playlist itself already gives me the giggles. This ritual alone is enough to start the day with a smile, but there is a cherry on top of that cake, the ode to the morning coffee. Full of love I stare deep in the eyes of my cup of happiness realizing life can't get any better than this. That's it, start your day differently by changing your state of mind and a whole changed world will welcome you with open arms. 

Be Happy, 
~Ilona~

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten